Department of Information Management
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT IN THE CHANGING WORLD
24-26 October 2007, Ankara
The "Symposium on Information Management in the Changing World," organized by the Department of Information Management of Hacettepe University, will take place in Ankara, Turkey, from 24-26 October 2007.
It aims to bring together both researchers and practitioners to discuss the current information management issues, and present ideas, theories, approaches and methods to tackle them.
The amount of both printed and electronic information that is created, published, stored, and made available through the networks is increasingly becoming a crucial issue. More developed information management techniques are needed to gather, organize, and bibliographically control information and to provide access to it. Open Access to information produced by public monies has recently been promoted world-wide. Information search behaviors of users are carefully studied with a view to use the results in information architecture as well as in designing more effectice information retrieval systems. Various disciplines offer different theoretical approaches to tackle information management problems and the education for information management is therefore becoming more interdiciplinary in nature.
Main topics of the Symposium are as follows:
- Current Developments in Information Management
- Records Management
- Information Architecture and Information Retrieval
- Organization of Information
- Education for Information Management
- User Studies
- Life-long Learning and Information Literacy
- Open Access and Institutional Archives
- Theoretical Approaches in Information Management
- Interdisciplinary Studies in Information Management